Tractor Driver / Drill Operator – Berkshire – Starting Salary £25000 + Opportunities for progression!!
My client, a producer of fine fresh produce, namely herbs and vegetables, seeks a Farm Technician and Drill Operator to join their team.
Based across two sites and working closely with the in-house agronomist and a small team of tractor drivers, the successful candidate will primarily work as a Drill Operator, but will also undertake other general farm work duties.
· Drilling all salad and veg crops throughout the season using Stanhay drills
· Maintaining all drilling records accurately
· Maintenance of drills and farm equipment
· Supervise irrigation staff and other tractor drivers
· Other tractor duties – Fertilising, hoeing, cultivations, relief spray man (if appropriate)
· General farm work
Enthusiasm and can-do attitude rather than experience is key, as training will be given to the right candidate. However, the following would be desirable:
· Drill operator experience
· Tractor driving experience
· General farm work experience
· Excellent communication skills
· A willingness to learn and develop
Starting Salary of £25K with the opportunity to increase this, after probationary period passed. Annual holiday entitlement of 28 days. Ongoing formal training and development, including PA1 and PA2 training.
To apply for this job you must have the right to work in United Kingdom.