Plumpton College has excellent resources and a drive for continuous quality improvement so is actively seeking staff with the right values and attributes who want to make a difference and be part of this exciting phase of our development. We are looking to recruit professional and ambitious individuals to form an integral part of our growing college team.
The farming operation is a fully commercial enterprise whilst at the same time providing a learning resource demonstrating best practice in all that we do. We have a state of the art dairy unit and are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Herdsperson to deliver the highest standard of dairy operations to our 280 high performing Holstein cow herd. We offer exceptional facilities, a great working environment and career development.
The ideal candidate will need to:
- Be both qualified and experienced to carry out all tasks associated with a high performing dairy herd.
- Ensure the highest welfare standards are in place.
- Be well organised and have the drive and enthusiasm to work with students as part of their daily work.
- Have strong youngstock rearing skills.
- Be a good communicator and have relevant current knowledge of farm recording systems.
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a team with a flexible approach to work.
- Hold a full clean driving license and associated industry qualifications.
If you believe you have a significant contribution to make to our future and are looking for your next career opportunity, we would like to hear from you.
As well as a competitive salary, you can also look forward to a great range of benefits including 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, membership of the Teachers’ pension scheme / Local Government Pension Scheme, child care voucher scheme and free on-site parking.
Accommodation (3 bedroom house) is also provided.
To apply please visit our website, complete an application form and return it to [email protected] or send it to: HR Department, Plumpton College, Ditchling Road, Plumpton, East Sussex, BN7 3AE. Tel: 01273 890454.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website www.plumpton.ac.uk.
Closing date for applications: 29th August 2019
Interviews will be held: w/c 2nd Sept 2019
To apply for this job you must have the right to work in United Kingdom.