Assistant Farm Manager
- Location: Allerton Project, Loddington, Leicestershire
- Closing date: Wednesday 13 February 2019
The Allerton Project is a 300ha farm involved in commercial farming, environmental research, and demonstration. The farm also works within an ‘800 ha combinable crops’ joint venture with a neighbouring farmer.
The successful applicant will be joining a dynamic, forward-thinking and innovative organisation. Many of the projects at Loddington are pioneering and will help shape our future farming systems.
We are looking for:
- An enthusiastic, self-driven individual with the ambition to help run our arable operations. These include combine driving, spraying and fertiliser applications.
- Assistance with our agricultural land use trials and environmental habitat management.
- A team player, someone who enjoys working in a complex environment and who can communicate with visitors to the project.
- PA1, PA2 and materials handling are essential
- Academic agricultural qualification
- Chainsaw certificate (CS30&31)
- An understanding of digital guidance and application technologies
- Further training and career development opportunities will be available
- A competitive salary package with pension and health benefits is on offer
- Accommodation could be available
Please email your CV and a single-page covering letter to Phil Jarvis at [email protected] by Wednesday 13 February 2019.
To apply for this job you must have the right to work in United Kingdom.