The Charollais Sheep Society is looking to recruit a part-time Breed & Development Officer to work from home, to research and develop effective and novel approaches to the marketing and development of the Charollais Sheep breed as a terminal sire for UK prime lamb production.
• Establish target audiences for links with commercial lamb producers
• Generate projects with abattoirs, livestock markets, lamb producer groups
• Generate press releases, stories for local media and online coverage
• Attend and organise promotional events, including talks
• Work closely with Breed Secretariat to develop a promotional plan
• Possess a strong awareness of livestock markets, trends, and their relations with developments and practices at farm level
• Confident computer user, including online and social media.
• Have a high level of organisation, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Possess an understanding of sheep breeding principles, techniques and genetic evaluation
• Self-motivated with the ability to use own initiative but also take direction
The geographical area for this post will be Wales and the border counties, therefore ability to speak Welsh will be of benefit.
Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and expertise. Hours will be flexible but will equate to 2 days / week. There may be scope to increase the workload in the future. The candidate will be expected to be self-employed.
Applicants should send a covering letter together with their CV to:
Carroll Barber, British Charollais Sheep Society, Youngmans Road, Wymondham, Norfolk. NR18 0RR or email [email protected]
The Closing date for application is 7th February 2018.
To apply for this job you must have the right to work in United Kingdom.