NFU Beet Intake Representative
Fixed term contract September 2018 – March 2019 Bury St Edmunds
The National Farmers’ Union has a seasonal Beet Intake Representative position at Bury St Edmunds sugar processing factory cover the next sugar beet campaign.
You will work in the Beet Intake facility and be responsible for monitoring the sugar beet as it arrives to the site.
Main purpose and scope of job:
· To ensure that every sample taken from a load of sugar beet is sampled to agreed procedures.
· To verify and record that all weigh-bridges and automatic beet samplers are operating to agreed specifications.
· To liaise and co-operate with British Sugar employees.
· To comply with NFU and British Sugar’s Health and Safety procedures.
· To witness all rejected loads and record details.
· To report and record non-compliance of agreed procedures to the Beet Intake Manager.
· To work in accordance with NFU Sugar procedures.
· Email customer complaints to the Beet Intake Manager
· Daily reports and other data collection for the Beet Intake Manager
You will be working 05.30 to 18.00 per shift weekdays, Saturday 05.30 to 17.00 and Sunday 07.30 to 17.00 following a 3 days on and 6 days off pattern with two other colleagues over a 7 day week. Please note that the rota is shared equally between a total of 3 people covering every day of the campaign. This position is offered as a fixed term contract starting in late September 2018 and ending early March 2019 (expected to be 26 weeks), exact dates to be confirmed.
· Critical eye and attention to detail
· Ability to follow written procedures
· Punctuality and reliability
· Team spirit and “can do” attitude
· Communicate clearly in both verbal & written in English
· Basic computer skills (training will be provided)
· Must have own transport due to the shift pattern and location
What’s in it for you?
· £163 per shift
· A friendly team environment with lots of support and training.
So, if you feel you have the right skills for this role or have what it takes then, please click here to download a job description and click here to download application form. Please send completed application form to [email protected]
· Closing date: 13th July 2018
· Interview date: 25th July 2018
· The NFU is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
To apply for this job you must have the right to work in United Kingdom.