The National Farmers’ Union has a number of seasonal roles at our sugar factories based in Wissington, Cantley and Newark to cover the next sugar beet campaign.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant based at the British Sugar Wissington processing site.
Are you a detail orientated person who has a love for data, spreadsheets and business improvement? The NFU is looking for an enthusiastic team player to support the Beet Intake Manager and the Beet Intake team with general office and administration duties. Don’t expect two days to be the same during the fast paced season.
If you have a good standard of education and are competent with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook) to intermediate level along with practical organisational skills then this may be the job for you.
The position is offered on a fixed term contract starting in late September 2018 through to early March 2019 (expected to be 26 weeks), exact dates to be confirmed.
The hours are Monday to Friday from 09.00 to 16.30
The position involves
• Producing and maintaining data base records using word and excel
• Maintaining an efficient filing system
• Dealing with a wide range of callers so a diplomatic and courteous telephone manner is essential
• Assisting with documenting and filing of paperwork
• Petty cash handling
• Maintain stocks of core stationary items at the four sites
• Maintain confidentially of all data
• Able to work in a team but use your own initiative when required
• Communicate with Beet Intake staff at all four sites
• Communicate with the Sugar team at HQ
• Working alongside British Sugar and their staff
• Own transport necessary due to the location
What’s in it for you?
• Basic pay of £78.50 per shift
• A friendly team environment with lots of support and training where your input is valued
So, if you feel you have the right skills for this role or have what it takes then, please click here to download a job description and click here to download application form. Please send completed application forms to [email protected]
Closing date: 13th July 2018
Interview date: 25th July 2018
The NFU is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
To apply for this job you must have the right to work in United Kingdom.