De Lacy Executive is looking to recruit a harvest co-ordinator for a fruit business in Herefordshire. As Harvest co-ordinator you will be responsible for orchestrating the picking of product, along with managing labour requirements and training new employees, all whilst maintaining high quality produce. This full time position will be focussed around the main growing season of May to November as well as the winter months in preparation for the on-coming season.
Responsibilities: People management - responsible for the in-field supervisors who in turn are collectively responsible for 200+ pickers.
- Liaise with management team on labour planning and allocation.
Training procedures - control of all internal training including induction, health & safety and more specialised training.
- Deliver accurate, consistent and engaging training from day one through to the last day of the season.
Field Management - Communicate quality expectations to workers in the field via supervisors.
- Understand the quality manual and supermarket standards.
- Liaise with packhouse staff and other managers on incoming quality.
- Crop walk and learn what to look for practically when crop forecasting.
- Ideally, experience of managing people on a large scale operation or similar.
- The ability to embrace responsibility and flourish under pressure.
- The capability to work alone and alongside others.
- Time management and the ability to prioritise workload is key to this role.
- Enthusiasm to improve and a desire to progress.
Competitive salary package is on offer for the right candidate to be a part of this growing business.
Are you interested?
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Sarah Milburn on: Office 01885 483440, DDI 01885 485527, Mobile 07875197231 or e-mail your CV and covering letter (preferably in Word please) to [email protected] Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence. De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office, complying with the requirements of the Data Protection Act. www.delacyexecutive.co.uk
To apply for this job you must have the right to work in United Kingdom.