At NFU Mutual, we understand the importance of developing strong relationships. It’s what we’ve built our reputation on, as one of the UK’s leading general insurers and financial services companies, and it’s what keeps our customers loyal. In fact, our sales teams across the UK have found that building trusting relationships with our customers pays dividends – our excellent policy renewal rate each year is testament to that.
As a Sales Development Consultant you’ll be a vital link between our Head Office and our Agencies in North Wales. You’ll work in a growing area of the organisation where you’ll have a real opportunity to shape and develop the future of sales within the business. Working closely with NFU Mutual Agencies in your region, you’ll advise on everything from new business opportunities and retention strategies to marketing and cross-selling. You’ll understand the nuances of each individual Agency allowing you to work with them to develop realistic sales and marketing plans, and get involved in new and existing business sales. A true inspiration when it comes to sales, you’ll ensure growth targets are achieved and exceeded.
As Sales Development Consultant you will:
- Drive, coach, influence and inspire NFU Mutual Agencies to maximise sales potential in their area and deliver sustainable profitable growth across the range of NFU Mutual products through strategically aligned effective sales and marketing activities
- Maintaining and facilitating effective relationships with and between NFU Mutual, its Agents and our target customers
- Work in partnership with NFU Mutual Agents to understand their business and sales potential in order to drive, motivate and influence the delivery of their individual annual sales plans
- Proactively drive, support and influence marketing and sales activities within Agencies providing commercially-minded, tailored solutions and insight via internal specialists
- Support and Influence all agencies to have an effective retention strategy, cross selling model and marketing plan in order to maximise Agency sales potential and profitable growth
- Support Agents in the management of key clients to establish and maintain the reputation of NFU Mutual as the prime provider of insurance services for its target customers
- Provide coaching and support for Agents including the provision of appropriate solutions via our specialist training and quality development teams to develop and maximise the potential of the Agent and their employees
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships between Agency teams and NFU Mutual, to ensure the effective delivery of objectives for NFU Mutual, our Agencies and customers
- Demonstrate a proven track record of sales success (ideally with commercial experience) through your ability to drive and motivate sales teams
- Have an awareness of the need to develop and implement sales plans and be able to prove how you can add real value in the development and application of these
- Possess first class relationship building and communication skills and be at home in front of all types of customer
- Be able to provide first class coaching and support to Agencies to enable them to reach their full sales potential
- Ideally you will have the ACII qualification or be willing to work towards this
Graduate level or equivalent professional qualification preferred.
Minimum requirement of 5 GCSEs at Grade C, to include Maths and English.
Full UK driving licence required as a car will be provided.
To apply for this job you must have the right to work in United Kingdom.