An exceptional full time, permanent opening has arisen for an Assistant Manager for a Sheep Farm based in the West Midlands. Our client is seeking a candidate to manage a progressive and profitable flock and to maintain the highest standards of husbandry and management.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to progress their career in the sheep sector; additionally, someone who has a dairy background who is seeking a change.
- Follow and develop the flock protocols in conjunction with the farm owner.
- Lamb the flock with support.
- Maintain animal health and welfare to a high standard - with assistance from staff or vets as required.
- Achieve various production targets set for the flock.
- Ensure all paperwork and computerised records are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work environment.
- Several years of practical sheep/dairy experience with a passion for the industry.
- An agricultural qualification. Desirable, but not essential.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work with, contribute to and enforce protocols.
- A good understanding and basic knowledge of: flock fertility, sheep nutrition and sheep health.
- Well organised and proactive.
- Computer literate.
Remuneration: A competitive remuneration package including a bonus and onsite accommodation. Interested? At this initial stage, please email Grace Nugent your CV and covering letter (preferably in Word please) to [email protected]
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence. Absolutely none of your details will be passed to a third party without your prior permission. De Lacy Executive, established in 2000, is the recruitment specialist in the Agri-Business and Land-based Business Sectors. Experienced practical and allied trade agriculturalists who have developed a recruitment practice based on high ethical standards. Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which oversees recruitment practice. Registered and complies with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
To apply for this job you must have the right to work in United Kingdom.