Deputy Chief Officer
Based at Stoneleigh Park, Nr Kenilworth, Warwickshire
Salary circa £42,000
The National Federation of Young Farmers’ Clubs (England & Wales) [NFYFC] is one of the largest rural youth organisations in the UK. The organisation provides opportunities for personal development of its members through training programmes, competitions, skills certificates and overseas travel. This is a democratic membership organisation of 24,000 members in more than 630 Young Farmers’ Clubs in England & Wales which are grouped in 48 County Federations.
The National Federation of Young Farmers’ Clubs supports the Clubs and County Federations achieve the charity objectives through a range of programmes and training underpinned by youth work principles. Programmes of work are designed to offer opportunities for participation, learning, fun and personal development to YFC members aged 10 to 26 years and to those supporting them in their roles across England and Wales.
The NFYFC is seeking an experienced and motivated individual who has the skills to work with a committed team of staff and volunteers, ensuring NFYFC delivers a high quality member focused programmes of work and the successful applicant will have the drive to implement organisational development.
- You will have strong leadership skills, including strong planning and management experience and will have a track record of building effective relationships
- Your financial management skills will be key to ensuring NFYFC delivers against agreed budgets
- You will need to be able to formulate and implement an approach that ensures that NFYFC meets the needs of our membership and promotes participation and good practice in the communities in which we operate
- As Deputy Chief Officer you will be a public face of the organisation and need to be an excellent communicator and have excellent interpersonal and advocacy skills
- You will be able to manage the changing priorities of a membership organisation and have a flexible approach with an energetic Can-do attitude
- You will have an interest in rural communities and young people living and working in them
The post is full-time and is based at the NFYFC HQ, Warwickshire, with travel throughout England and Wales occasionally required.
As a youth organisation the NFYFC is committed to the safeguarding of young people and adults at risk. All posts are subject to Safe Recruiting Procedures, which may include a DBS check at enhanced level.
Instructions to applicants:-
2. Please complete and return the application form together with a covering letter/email. CVs will not be accepted.
3. Closing date for completed applications is 12 noon on Tuesday 30th May 2017.
Completed applications should be sent to [email protected] OR James Eckley (marked Private & Confidential), Chief Officer, National Federation of Young Farmers’ Clubs, YFC Centre, 10th Street, Stoneleigh Park, Kenilworth, Warwickshire, CV8 2LG
4. Interviews to be held Friday 16th June 2017 at the NFYFC Offices, Stoneleigh Park, Nr Kenilworth, Warwickshire CV8 2LG
To apply for this job you must have the right to work in United Kingdom.