North Hill Nurseries are seeking a Technical Supervisor to look after our crop husbandry and irrigation, also assisting in the development of our ICM programme and crop protection.
This is an opportunity to join a successful business growing a wide and exciting range of plants for sale to the landscape sector through our busy Cash and Carry.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, able to work within a close knit team and with a great understanding of crop requirements to improve our quality.
We will offer a competitive salary which is commensurate with experience.
· Full clean driving license
· Horticultural qualification NVQ2 or higher
· PA1 & PA6
· Recognition and understanding of pest and disease.
· Working knowledge of biological control.
· Good plant knowledge.
· Understanding of crop irrigation requirements.
· Good leadership and the ability to lead, train and inspire others.
· Able to work under own initiative and take responsibility for the development of the ICM programme.
· Flexibility in working hours to spray when customers are not on the site.
To apply for this job you must have the right to work in United Kingdom.