De Lacy Executive has been retained to recruit a Senior Arable Farm Manager for a large scale, and expanding (currently 7,000ha) arable operation in Eastern Europe. This is a genuine career opportunity, not just a job, where the ideal candidate will have the opportunity to develop into senior management.
Our client has a range of business activities including significant farming operations in other parts of the world. The business is run to western European standards of ethics and professionalism.
The business has a diverse portfolio, specialising in cereals and oilseeds, peas and sugar beet. Achieving high yields in a fertile region under the GlobalGap certification, our client is seeking a candidate who will set and achieve high standards.
- Manage all growing and storage matters including production tasks, crop rotation schedules and farm maintenance to a highly sustainable level.
- Provide technical growing expertise, advice and direction.
- Develop innovative approaches and techniques to continually advance new and best practice.
- Be responsible for commodity sales.
- Manage the sourcing of all inputs - seed, fertilisers etc.
- Plan harvest activities, organise operations and help to maintain produce quality.
- Human resource management tasks: disciplinary processes, re-organisation of labour force, labour management planning, farm staff performance appraisal system and staff training assessments.
- Manage the sourcing and maintenance of all farm machinery and equipment.
- A Farm Manager or arable agronomist with at least 4 years of relevant working experience.
- Able to work autonomously
- Able to manage large numbers of staff.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion to excel and for self-development.
- Able to work in a high pressure environment with changing priorities.
- An enthusiastic and flexible team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to learn the local language.
- Excellent IT skills
Remuneration: A comprehensive competitive package is offered including a negotiable salary, vehicle, accommodation, flights home etc.
Interested? Please e-mail your enquiry or CV to [email protected] or phone Laura Edwards on 01885 485 529 for a completely confidential discussion or for more information.
Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and no details are distributed to third parties without your prior agreement.
Please note that this is an advertisement and not a job description.
De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office, complying with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
To apply for this job you must have the right to work in United Kingdom.