One of the UK’s leading general insurance and financial services companies, NFU Mutual has been meeting our customers’ needs for over 100 years.
Our employees are important to us. We empower and inspire them to perform, offer opportunities to grow and we recognise and reward their contribution. They are proud to work for a company that respects them and broader communities, and they trust us to be financially sustainable so we are successful now, and in the future.
A vacancy has become available at our Salaried Agency based in Swansea for a Branch Manager (Farming), with responsibility for managing the Agency, driving business growth, retaining existing accounts and representing the NFU among the farming community, within the Agency area, which has excellent potential for growth.
As the Branch Manager you will be expected to undertake a wide variety of tasks including the following:
- Management of the Agency and undertaking of personal sales activity to achieve sales and production targets
- Management of the Agency to achieve acceptable financial, administration and procedural performance standards
- Management of Account Executives and Agency staff so that each person reaches their full potential and contributes effectively as a member of the team
- Research potential for new business and initiate sales campaigns
- Undertake new business sales calls and existing business review calls
- Undertake cross-selling activities as appropriate
The successful candidate should have the following:
- An outgoing personality who thrives working in a small team
- Be willing to learn and enthusiastic
- A motivated individual who is target-driven
- Excellent verbal and numerical skills
- An interest in farming or being involved in the local community
A minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above is required, including Maths and English.
Ideally candidates will already hold the ACII, but if not be working towards their ACII qualification, or be willing to start.
To apply for this job you must have the right to work in United Kingdom.