Role: Head of Pork KE
Function: Knowledge Exchange
Reports to: Knowledge Exchange Director
Banding Descriptor: Roles with significant experience, seen as the organisational experts in their field setting policy objectives and procedural criteria for their area, having a contribution to and delivery of the organisations corporate plan. Heads of Department within divisions, reports to divisional Director, with some delegated authority, line management and budgetary responsibility.
Contribution to Corporate Business Plan: Strategic Delivery.
Role purpose: To take responsibility for the development and delivery of KE activities for a sector, ensuring effective linkages with the technical research disciplines and other functions of AHDB to ensure successful delivery and value for levy payers.
- Provide strategic leadership for activities covering Knowledge Transfer (KT) and Knowledge Exchange (KE) within a sector ensuring that sector expertise and engagement is maintained and enhanced as much as possible
- Provide operational and line management of all staff within the sector KE team, including direct line management of senior staff
- Deliver the sector KE team activity within budget and provide accurate and appropriate reporting information to the KE Director as required
- Work with the Chief Technical Officer and the functional Directors to ensure the KT and KE teams are integrated with research functions to deliver the sector priorities and KE requirements
- Ensure a coordinated approach to creation and delivery of levy payer facing activity, materials, tools and messages to deliver benefits for a given sector
- Ensure cross sector working opportunities are identified and operating efficiencies and sharing of best practice are delivered
- Ensure there are proactive feedback mechanisms from levy payer facing activity which feed into AHDB technical priorities and strategy
- Work with the KE Director to set fair and meaningful KPI’s for KT and KE to that sector
- Ensure evaluation of KT and KE activity so that specified Sector outcomes are delivered
- Ensure that the benefits of AHDB work are clearly communicated to the industry, liaising with others in AHDB as appropriate to provide robustness to this process i.e. MI and Technical staff
- Be seen as a point of contact for that sector with external stakeholders for matters relating to the KE Teams area of activity
- Support the KE Director with a strong understanding of the industry landscape and its challenges and the Sector Strategy Director where required
- To provide industry representation where required E.G to Defra committees, industry groups
- Dependant on sector requirements and industry structure, be responsible for stakeholder / supply chain engagement on technical issues at a national level and to coordinate regional activity with stakeholders via the knowledge exchange teams
- Contribute strategic input to the Sector / AHDB plan
- The post holder may be expected to carry out other responsibilities which the KE Director may require
Additional Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Where Sector Coordinator responsibilities are required these will include:-
- Liaise with the appropriate Sector Strategy Director
- Ensure there is adequate communications between KE function at all levels
- Engage with and understand sector needs and the KE landscape for that sector internally and externally (national and international)
- AHDB financial responsibility and limits as stated in the Standing Financial Instructions within the department/team
- May provide cover for Director
- May act as delegated authority for Director
Person Specification - Knowledge/Skills/Experience:
- Extensive experience of the relevant industry and its stakeholder organisations.
- Extensive experience of managing significant budgets to high levels of governance.
- Experience of working with government agencies and commercial organisations to develop business opportunities.
- Proven technical knowledge across the key aspects of the industry.
- Experienced manager with proven track record of building a strong team spirit.
- Results driven manager with experience of setting and managing stretching operational targets.
- Experience of monitoring and recording performance of staff and motivating team morale.
- Relevant degree or qualification in agricultural or related discipline.
- May hold higher level professional or technical qualification.
- Experience of developing and delivering strategic plans.
- A skilled communicator with extensive experience of writing and presenting to high levels of industry status.
- Proven track record and extensive experience of delivering effective knowledge exchange activity.
To apply for this job you must have the right to work in United Kingdom.