THE JOB TITLE – FARM MANAGER
THE INDUSTRY – Turf
THE SALARY – Competitive Salary with Excellent Benefits
THE LOCATION – Lincolnshire
THE COMPANY - A family business based in Lincolnshire, who are growers and suppliers of the very best quality golf turf, sports pitch turf and landscape/lawn turf. Growing a number of different varieties of turf with different benefits and supplying sports stadiums, golf courses, architects, landscapers and wholesalers.
THE ROLE- As an experienced Farm Manager you will take responsibility of the day to day management of the Farming Operation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
* Manage the Farming Operation for the business, with reasonability for the lifecycle of turf from planting to harvest. Including production tasks, crop rotation schedules and farm maintenance to a highly sustainable level.
* Management of the team of staff and ensuring the smooth running of the whole process. Plan harvest activities, organise operations and help to maintain produce quality.
* Human resource management tasks: disciplinary processes, re-organisation of labour force, labour management planning, farm staff performance appraisal system and staff training assessments.
* Sometimes you will be required to perform tasks of fertilizing, spraying, irrigating, and directing the mower operator.
* Provide up-to-date reports on turf conditions and crop progress to management
* Establish maintenance schedules for equipment and oversee inventory management system.
* Materially participate in other aspects of the diverse operation including spraying, planting and harvest, and machinery maintenance
* Being responsible for the general running of the farm. Eg. Manage the sourcing of all inputs – seed, fertilisers, machinery, etc.
* Ability to manage and run the Farm activities in all areas and meet targeted production and growth projections.
* Minimum 2 years Farm Management experience in Turf or Root Crop farming.
* Have a proven ability in large scale agribusiness management
* Experience of managing a large team of people and gaining the best out of them. Demonstrated organizational skills
* The ability to quickly learn and implement technology
* Ability to work as part of a team as well as on own initiative
* Have the ability to act with tact and diplomacy in motivating and disciplining management. Be able to provide role clarity and ensure teamwork amongst staff
* Be self-motivated and able to communicate effectively at all levels both within and outside the Company
* Degree in Turf, Crop and Soil Sciences, Agriculture or related fields, preferably
*Be receptive to learning new technologies to help improve productivity and profitability of the farm.
GET IN CONTACT: In the first instance, please forward your CV together with a cover note and salary requirements and all successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of us receiving your application. Please note that all applications will be treated in confidence.
* Have you worked in or had any of the following roles: Farm Management, Root Crop Management, Farm Manager, Root Crops, Turf Management, Estate Management, Turf Growing, Turf Manager
WHO ARE WE?JP Trett is a specialist recruitment business, we are specialists…specialists in agriculture and rural business. Our clients are either professionals looking for exciting moves, or employers looking for that special person to fill their niche role. As one of the most highly respected specialist agricultural recruitment companies in the UK, we know the Agri-rural market intimately. And as a global provider, we have tremendous reach, both in finding candidates and must-have positions. We have many years of recruiting agricultural and rural business professionals in exciting and demanding positions. Whether you want to be a Farm Manager, Agronomist, Sales Director or similar, we will find the opportunity to match your skills. JP Trett covers most industries and markets within the agricultural and rural business sectors.
To apply for this job you must have the right to work in United Kingdom.