THE JOB TITLE – AGRICULTURAL MANAGER – LAYERS
THE INDUSTRY– Poultry
THE SALARY– Competitive Package
THE LOCATION – Cumbria
THE COMPANY - A family owned business producing and packing free range and organic free range eggs. Based in the heart of Cumbria. Industry leading in its approach to animal welfare and environmental provenance.
THE ROLE- To maintain the company’s standards via regular pre-audit visits and monitoring as instructed by The Head of Agriculture.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
* Maintain regular audits and routine visits on all producer farms
* Work with farmers to increase welfare, production and economic performance
* Ensure all aspects of the company’s standards are met
* Comply and adhere to the Company’s Health & safety & Environmental Policies.
* Uphold product quality and safety to adhere to applicable quality systems and work instructions assisting in auditing and developing quality systems when necessary.
* Actively report all quality product and safety deviations and assist in corrective action if required.
* Represent the company with a positive attitude and aware of wider issues.
* Efficient maintenance of producer standards
* Maintain confidentiality and up to date records.
* 2 years Poultry experience in a management or assistant management position or a comparable environment
* An understanding of the operation of Free Range egg production is essential
* Excellent understanding of the poultry industry is essential
* Being able to work efficiently on own initiative
* Highly motivated with a 'can do' attitude and a willingness and enthusiasm to take on new challenges
* Flexible and adaptable
* Proactive and driven approach
* Ability to achieve continuous improvement and development.
GET IN CONTACT: In the first instance, please forward your CV together with a cover note and salary requirements and all successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of us receiving your application. Please note that all applications will be treated in confidence.
* Have you worked in or had any of the following roles: Bolwer Eggs, Nobel Foods, Heart of England Farms, LJ Fairburn, Oaklands, Lohmann, Country Fresh, Blackacre Farm Eggs, Bumble Hole Foods, Eggsell, Poultry, Chickens, Turkey, Ducks, Geese, Animal welfare. Have you ever worked for: 2 sisters, AP Burlton, Aviagen, Baron Turkeys, C Panton, Cargill Meats, Cherry Valley, Cobb Europe, Copas Traditional Turkeys, D M Brisbourne & Sons, DW Mann, Faccenda Group, Fairspear Hill, Franklins of Thorncote, Goodman Bros, Great Grove Poultry, Gressingham Foods, Grove Smith Turkeys, HB Hughes, HC Coleman, H Irwin, HJ Blackwell, Heart of England, Highbury Farm Produce, Holly Berry Hatcheries, Hook 2 Sisters, Hubbard UK, I Wylie, JA Willis, Jason Milton, Kellys Turkeys, M & J Dryden, Mary Walsh, Mathison (Farmers) Leven, Measures Farms, Moy Park, Noble Foods, Norfolk Geese, PD Hook, Peachcroft Poultry, Salvesen, Seldom Seen Farm, Shoby Poultry, Sullivan Poultry Group, Sunrise Poultry Farm, The Wild Meat Company, Waudby Farms, Alltech, BOCM Pauls, DSM Nutritional, Intervet, Marel Townsend, Poultec, Poultry Xperience, Bernard Matthews, Great Grove, Peele's Norfolk Black Turkeys, Morton's, Norfolk Garden Chickens, Banham Poultry, Cherryridge Poultry Ltd, Manor Farm Ducklings, Norfolk Geese, Joice & Hill Poultry Ltd.
WHO ARE WE?JP Trett is a specialist recruitment business, we are specialists…specialists in agriculture and rural business. Our clients are either professionals looking for exciting moves, or employers looking for that special person to fill their niche role. As one of the most highly respected specialist agricultural recruitment companies in the UK, we know the Agri-rural market intimately. And as a global provider, we have tremendous reach, both in finding candidates and must-have positions. We have many years of recruiting agricultural and rural business professionals in exciting and demanding positions. Whether you want to be a Farm Manager, Agronomist, Sales Director or similar, we will find the opportunity to match your skills. JP Trett covers most industries and markets within the agricultural and rural business sectors.
To apply for this job you must have the right to work in United Kingdom.