THE JOB TITLE – FIELDS PERSON / SEED SALES (TRAINEE OR EXPERIENCED)
THE INDUSTRY – SEED POTATOES
THE SALARY – Competitive and market leading Basic Salary + usual benefits
THE TERRITORY – North Norfolk, South Lincolnshire and South Yorkshire
THE COMPANY – This family owned major European business has been established nearly 100 years and its UK representation markets c30, 000 tonnes of seed annually. The quality and value of the company and its varieties stems from the knowledge, experience, skills and dedication of the team. Driven by passion and the desire to be the best, this company delivers the highest quality standards in the sector.
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES –
* You will progress with a structured and detailed program from the best in the business, enabling you to develop your region, expand the territory and learn new skills
* There will be a lot of travel throughout the area to growers and customers to understand their needs and concerns to add value to your services you are able to offer
* Visit growers, inspect and report on their growing and storage conditions, being able to offer advice through your resources
* You will be an expert on growing and storing seed potato and also be able to sell and trade in the sector
* There will be opportunities for networking and expanding your knowledge and presence in the sector. You will be expected to attend many events both in the UK and overseas to build your network of contacts.
* There will be an element of the marketing, social media and database management included within the role so you should be aware of how to use these to best effect.
This role is open to trainees and experience individuals within the industry. If you are looking for a role with excellent progression, stability and you have a passion for the potato industry, then this role is for you.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED –
* Degree level education preferred
* Excellent potato knowledge
* Excellent communication skills
* Seed experience and/or sales is a distinct advantage
* Computer literacy essential (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, Social Media)
* Strong organisational, communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
* High energy level
* Professional appearance/manners
* Have you worked for: Agrico, Caithness, Cygnet Potato Breeders, Den Hartigh, Greenvale AP, Higgins Agriculture, HZPC, IPM, McCain, Tayto, Golden Wonder, Pepsico, Branstons, MBM, Cockerills, Wholecrop, Branston, Meijer, Mercian, Nene, NIAB, Ibbotsons, JSR, Kent Potato, KWS, Maincrop, Preva Produce, QV Foods, Skea, RBR Crops, James Ruane, Rush Potatoes, Solanis, Strathmore, WCF,
GET IN CONTACT: In the first instance please forward your CV together with a cover note and salary requirements and all successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of us receiving your application. Please note that all applications will be treated in confidence.
WHO ARE WE ? JP Trett is a specialist recruitment business, we are specialists…specialists in agriculture and rural business. Our clients are either professionals looking for exciting moves, or employers looking for that special person to fill their niche role. As one of the most highly respected specialist agricultural recruitment companies in the UK, we know the Agri-rural market intimately. And as a global provider, we have tremendous reach, both in finding candidates and must-have positions. We have many years of recruiting agricultural and rural business professionals in exciting and demanding positions. Whether you want to be a Farm Manager, Agronomist, Sales Director or similar, we will find the opportunity to match your skills. JP Trett covers most industries and markets within the agricultural and rural business sectors. Our business is split into three distinct areas Professional, Sales & Marketing and Senior Appointments. Our experienced consultants have backgrounds or clients across a number of sectors.
To apply for this job you must have the right to work in United Kingdom.