Position : Herdsperson
We are seeking a Herdsperson to join our clients seven person team, on a progressive 800 dairy herd on a 1,000 acre site in Cambridgeshire.
This role is a managerial role in charge of team when owners are absence. Focus will be on care of herd such as spotting sick animals, foot trimming and issue of medication. The successful candidate will also be expected to carry out 3/4 times a week milking duties.
The successful person must have:
- At least 3/4 years experience as a Herdsperson
- Must have experience as a Stockperson
- Skilled and Knowledge Herdsperson in milk production
- Good record keeping for medication and treatments
- Full Drivers licence is an advantage but not essential.
This is a contract position where the successful person will operate as an agency worker with Farm Solutions. This means that the person will not have sub contractor responsibilities and all tax deductions and payments will be made and paid by Farm Solutions. Hourly pay operates including pay for overtime hours worked.
To apply for this job you must have the right to work in United Kingdom.